Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 29, 2020, 03:44:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I change the date of a post?  (Read 5483 times)
hoodsmom

« on: March 25, 2009, 04:29:11 am »

I've got a post in this thread
http://www.ocarinaboard.com/bb/index.php?topic=475.0

letting ppl know what Finale Notepad (and a few other types of) files I have on my Google site.

I'd like to be able to modify the date when I update my thread, in case anyone wants to see what new things I've added.  But editing the post doesn't change the date.  Is there any way to modify the date of the post so that I can make it show in the "last post by" column on the index page?

Alternatively, maybe we could have a few sticky threads (broadly classified in alphabetical order) for those of us who want to post public domain sheet music or links to sheet music.  E.g. threads for posting titles beginning with A-C, D-F, etc., maybe a "good sites" sticky thread.  Right now info is kinda scattered around the tabs forum. 

noahsummers

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:42:02 pm »

Incidentally, I recently started such a thread under "Member Resources." Smiley  It's not a sticky yet, but if people pay enough attention to it, maybe.

As for updating changing the date of a post, that's not possible, but I don't think people would mind if you "bumped" the thread, mentioning that the post had been updated.

jiminos

humming to myself

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 01:54:51 pm »

maybe you could just "bump" the thread whenever you update it. just and a new reply to the thread to bring the entire thread to the top of the "pile." alternately, ppl can always use the search function ... or just ask when looking for specific info.

be well,

jim

Be in this moment.
That which is cannot be found. It is not lost.
It can only be accepted or rejected.
Truth is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: