Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 22, 2019, 03:30:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubizmo's check list  (Read 86348 times)
robehickman
Active Newbie

« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2012, 09:49:46 am »

Happy New Year!

It's been quite a while since I posted a video. Life can get hectic. But here's a new one; nothing special, just some more classic rock.

You're No Good.

Happy new year.

If you get the chance could you play one of the David Bowie classics?

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2012, 06:58:52 pm »

I finally got some time to make a video, and to get on here and catch up. The video is:

Black Magic Woman

Harp Player

« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2012, 04:33:29 am »

You did a great job on that old song.   I just can't believe that someone clicked the thumbs down button on it.

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2012, 06:45:26 am »

WOW, Ubizmo, Black Magic Woman was fabulous! It is amazing how well you play. How many notes above and below the normal range of the MO are you able to hit?

ubizmo

« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2012, 09:24:42 pm »

Catching up here...

Thanks for the kind words. As for your question, I can pretty accurately play down to low A and high F is routine. I've occasionally managed high F# but it's not pretty.

This works better on the G than on the C, perhaps because of the 10th hole. However, when Cris Gale, aka Ocarinadiva visited me last fall, she brought her warmstone C, which I played. It was my first time playing a warmstone C. For sme reason (I have no idea why), it seemed easier to get the high F and below-C notes on it than on any of my Cs (hardwood, poly, aluminum).

4efs

« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2012, 06:27:44 am »

When you mentioned that before I made sure to try it out on my C's and it is definitely way easier to get a high F on the warmstone even for me.  Not that any of my high notes on the C are pretty yet( but I am still hopeful!) I didn't realize that you'd found the low's easier too---Must go try!

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
bakfot

Long ago I was a serious young man

« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2012, 06:31:30 am »

Seems I gotta add a warmstone C to my wishing-list  Smiley

ubizmo

« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:29 pm »

Another oldie. The song, I mean; not the player.

Just The Two of Us

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2012, 10:52:28 pm »

Just The Two of Us

Wow Ubizmo, that was great. You have such beautiful tone and vibrato. I don't think I'm ever going to sound  even close to as good as you do. I've been playing four months and I begining to think I am OCARINA CHALLENGED). I've definently made a lot of improvement but it seems to be so slow  Roll Eyes I don't know if it's normal progress or if I am a musical dunce (sigh).

ubizmo

« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2012, 12:38:09 pm »

Just The Two of Us

Wow Ubizmo, that was great. You have such beautiful tone and vibrato. I don't think I'm ever going to sound  even close to as good as you do. I've been playing four months and I begining to think I am OCARINA CHALLENGED). I've definently made a lot of improvement but it seems to be so slow  Roll Eyes I don't know if it's normal progress or if I am a musical dunce (sigh).

I'm glad you liked it. Four months isn't a long time, and the ocarina is not an easy instrument to play. Simple yes; easy no.

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2012, 06:25:42 pm »

Just The Two of Us

I'm glad you liked it. Four months isn't a long time, and the ocarina is notg an easy instrument to play. Simple yes; easy no.

Thanks for the kind words, Ubizmo, I'm not going to give myself time to master it. I try to work on it every day. I got a beautiful  new Hardwood C- I love it, but you are so right, it is harder to hit the highest and lowest notes then it is on my WarmStone G.
Enjoy your trip to Ireland!!

ubizmo

« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2012, 09:16:41 pm »

Thanks for the kind words, Ubizmo, I'm not going to give myself time to master it.

Mastery is a distant horizon. I'll settle for fun.

I try to work on it every day. I got a beautiful  new Hardwood C- I love it, but you are so right, it is harder to hit the highest and lowest notes then it is on my WarmStone G.
Enjoy your trip to Ireland!! [/color]

Scotland! But anyway...methinks I need to get a warmstone C. It's the only MO I don't have at the moment.

I just bought a backing track for "This Masquerade", and I've been experimenting with it. I can play it on the C but it goes high and sounds just a little too strained. Plus, this song just begs to go higher than F in the solo part. So I'm going to play it on the recorder/whistle for YouTube, for now. I think it'd be a bit better on a warmstone, but I really do want to take it up a few notches. I'll do a mulligan when the ProRange comes out. It's a beautiful song and the backing track is sweet.

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2012, 10:03:45 pm »

Just The Two of Us

I'm glad you liked it. Four months isn't a long time, and the ocarina is notg an easy instrument to play. Simple yes; easy no.

Thanks for the kind words, Ubizmo, I'm not going to give myself time to master it. I try to work on it every day. I got a beautiful  new Hardwood C- I love it, but you are so right, it is harder to hit the highest and lowest notes then it is on my WarmStone G.
Enjoy your trip to Ireland!!

I said I was NOT going to give myself time- the NOT was a mistake, I plan to keep at it no matter how long it takes me. I totally agree that that fun is the most important- and Playing by ear is fun!

ubizmo

« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2013, 06:46:30 pm »

Can it be a year since I last posted in this thread? I know it hasn't been that long since I made a video. Oh well, here's another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-rNVeol9s4

Pat Anderson

« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2013, 07:06:12 pm »

Great tune, well done! Another great performance!  Too long between them, too!  Good to see you back recording and posting to YT. I am (I hope) close to putting up a video of "The Dark Island" with a backtrack I made with Finale Notepad, I really like the backtrack, and hope that I can complete the audio today. I will probably put that on SoundCloud.  I think I will just make the video a sort of Ken Burns effect slide show of images from Scotland. We'll see. 

Can it be a year since I last posted in this thread? I know it hasn't been that long since I made a video. Oh well, here's another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-rNVeol9s4

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  

Jump to: