Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
January 18, 2021, 05:21:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Breathing During a Recording  (Read 4546 times)
JaredChacon
Active Newbie

« on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:47 pm »

Recently I've been recording my ocarina and trying to get the best possible (most professional) sound that I could. When it comes to the big breaths that we make before and after a melody, how loud should the breath be? Should I just take it out completely? Or does it add to the effect? Does it make it more human? Is that a good thing or not? What are your opinions? Huh

Music theory!
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:11:54 am »

Salut!

I don't think they're such a bad thing, but then there's an awful lot I don't know about recording.  When there's a backing track, it tends to drown them out anyway.  I'd say the best thing is to just try to breathe discreetly and then forget about it.

Ubizmo

JaredChacon
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:29:16 am »

Salut!

I don't think they're such a bad thing, but then there's an awful lot I don't know about recording.  When there's a backing track, it tends to drown them out anyway.  I'd say the best thing is to just try to breathe discreetly and then forget about it.

Ubizmo

thanks for the info!

Music theory!
hoodsmom

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 04:23:24 pm »

I think it's a matter of personal preference.  Somewhere I read that in Irish tin whistle players work breathing in as part of the music.  Windsongs of the Ocarina by Francis Maxino
http://www.amazon.com/Windsongs-Of-The-Ocarina/dp/B000QR2UJG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1240158145&sr=8-2
has some really lovely music and he makes no attempt to remove the breathing sounds.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: