Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 05:11:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I received my Poly C and music instructional materials on 4/18/09 .....  (Read 11518 times)
cerescop

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2011, 08:57:56 am »

This is a new story. I was making a delivery in Tempe Arizona . It was about 0800 on the 19th of December 2011. I had gotten a dock door backed in and chocked the trailer wheels, all I had to do now was wait for the receiver to unload the paper I had brought them. The temperature was about 34 degrees but it felt good to me so I had the truck drivers door wide open and since I had time I got out my C and started to play. Its Christmas time so I started with "Silent Night". I thought I would play it more slowly than usual and just began. I like to play with my eyes closed paying total attention to the sound. I was just finishing up and opened my eyes. I was looking down the slope of my hood, which is short. There was a woman standing there looking up at me with a broad smile on her face. She said," that was beautiful, thank you". She then walked over to the garbage bin and threw away a couple of old fan motors and went back into the printing business.  I didn't know she was there till I opened my eyes. I almost cried. It touched me to have touched her that way. I then looked around and found I had quite an audience. There was a group from the neighboring business that had their smoking area right out where I was playing. So, I just kept on playing about 5  more songs before the receiver brought out my papers so I could leave. A good day.

4efs

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 08:42:09 am »

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing!

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
cerescop

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 08:07:13 am »

Its been a long time since I  have entered anything here. Much has happened and many miles have gone under my truck. I have worn out 2 more and got a 2015 Kenworth to drives now.  On 6/27/14 I was in Santa Nella, California getting some work done on a trailer at the T/A truck stop.  I pulled out my C poly and played Green Sleeves and Are you going to ScarboroFare.  I couldn't stay in the truck while it was being worked on so I had to move. I walked out next to the Shop front doors and sat on a low cinder block wall between the shop and a Popeyes fried chicken restaurant.  There was parking there and people eating at tables outside of the restaurant. There were people in their  cars and walking to and from the main building where the Popeye's and the main general sit down restaurant were.  I sat on the wall and played.  I played for over half an hour. I played Green Sleeves, Scarboro Fare, Suki Yaki. Blue Bayou,  Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone ( Bill Whithers),  Amazing Grace, O Danny Boy,  and a song I  made up I think using the notes to Green Sleeves but faster tempo with repeats of some notes and sounding  kind of, well, slavic.  I was having a good time but had to stop and go check on my truck. I still had to drive to Bakerfield that evening.  I was told I was playing very well by people inside. They wanted me to do a competion with my mechanic that plays the harmonica, but I just told him, "You win"... I wasn't  interested, I needed to get gone. They couldn't fix my trailer here so I drove on to bakerfield.  This was  close to if not the first time I had purposefully played for people.  They seemed appreciative.  I know I left some songs I played off that list but I can't remember them all.  Just whatever came to me at the time. I picked out the notes for Suki Yaki because my wife likes that song...  she says the ocarina is to loud tho.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: