Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 30, 2020, 07:42:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Have Self-Learning Curriculum in Utah?  (Read 3350 times)
JTurkish
Active Newbie

« on: May 19, 2009, 10:31:52 pm »

If so, can I borrow it?

Not 100% sure if I should buy it, not cause im cheap but because of the resources available online.

PonderWolf

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 11:20:31 pm »

I'm not in Utah, but as far as buying the course is concerned, it depends on how music savy you are. If you are a newbie like me, the course is a great beginners tool, but if you can read music and have played other instruments before the small booklet that comes with the oc should be more than enough.

Roy

Spatolo

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:23:44 am »

There are many resources online but none of them is specifically tailored for the ocarina. With the curriculum you'll also get tips for playing (OK; this very board have plenty of them), CD to listen to, and a good approach to reading rhythms that I found very effective and I've never seen elsewhere online.

So while you don't NEED it to learn to read music and to play it with the ocarina it will certainly be of help. Just two so called cents.

JTurkish
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 03:17:26 pm »

cool thanks,

one trouble i have is from this example...

im trying to play the lost woods song from this sheet
http://www.zeldaelements.net/other/worldofmusic/sheetmusic/lostwoods.jpg

and even after listening to others play it over and over again i cant seem to get the part down on the first line that goes BE D  BC BG E - i can play those notes but i cant make it sound like the song.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: