Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
January 18, 2021, 04:31:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting rid of noise  (Read 6007 times)
BobBell9
Active Newbie

« on: May 29, 2009, 05:35:46 pm »

Take a tip from professional studios - make a wire coathanger into a circle and stretch a pair of tights accross it. Place this between the ocarina and the mike. This will prevent popping noises from the mike caused by breath noise or wind noise from the ocarina.

dereks

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 07:16:48 pm »

Excellent tip!  Now i just need to get a decent digital stereo recorder.  I'm finding it difficult to justify spending $300 on a recorder.  I just need something that works fairly well without a high price tag.

JaredChacon
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:26:14 am »

how about buy a pop filter? that is exatly what it is and what it is made for. ther cheap too Roll Eyes

Music theory!
dereks

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:28:18 pm »

I hadn't heard of that before.  I'll do some research and find one.  Thanks for the tip!  Maybe one day I can put one of my attempts on the board to share with everyone.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:51:32 pm »

Excellent tip!  Now i just need to get a decent digital stereo recorder.  I'm finding it difficult to justify spending $300 on a recorder.  I just need something that works fairly well without a high price tag.

How about this?  http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Handheld-Digital-Recorder?sku=582222&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

I use one, and although I generally use an external mic, the built-in condenser mics work very well too.

Ubizmo

hoodsmom

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:08:03 am »

more detailed instructions for a DIY approach - the embroidery hoop is a nifty idea.
http://www.jakeludington.com/project_studio/20050321_build_your_own_microphone_pop_screen.html

BobBell9
Active Newbie

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 11:11:24 pm »

I use (and would recommend) a Zoom H4 digital recorder but edirol, boss and several other firms do very similar devices. If you use the H4 try the different mike simulations. This may help you to get the sound you want. Try to keep the mikes away from direct breath sound. I find that above the instrument point downwards good. ( I used to be a television sound engineer recording a 40 piece orchestra for variety shows)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: