Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
January 18, 2021, 05:38:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Editors and Mixers  (Read 6012 times)
AzKiteMan

« on: June 06, 2009, 02:33:12 am »

I need a good video editing program for more complex videos, where i normally with to play multiple instruments. That includes Contrast, able to white out my face, Mixers, (Mix repeaters) and the works. I need something with at least those three things, for under $50, preferably free.

Ich genieße Versuch, sprechenden verschiedenen Sprachen nachzuahmen! =D
AzKiteMan

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:36:07 am »

also, i need(gawsh, you'd think i'd include this S= ) something to cut out parts of a video and put videos together.

noahsummers

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:35:19 pm »

Unfortunately, there's practically nothing in the way of free video editors out there, unless you want to learn Blender, which is kind of impractical for your purposes, especially if you want to get into masking out your face and all.

Probably your best option is Adobe Premiere Elements.  It's a little more pricey than what you wanted, but there's a free trial to see whether it'll serve your purposes.

AzKiteMan

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 12:40:40 am »

is that what you're using?(i wanted to do the thing you did for Docjazz's contest when you were in an ugly room.)

noahsummers

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 12:59:41 pm »

Oh, that?  I was actually outside.  It was pretty bright out, but I was inside a big garage thing in the shade (with the door open), so I figured out that if I turned up the exposure enough to turn the background white, I was still visible, since I was in significantly darker lighting conditions. Wink

If you'd want to do the same thing indoors, you would need a decent green screen setup (which is actually the easy part; the hard part is doing the effect well Tongue)

What I do use to edit, though, is Adobe After Effects.  It's more tailored to editing single shots and putting in special effects, but it's the best I have so I use it.  Adobe Premiere is much better for quickly editing lengths of footage, adding titles, things like that.  I've not used the "Elements" version, but it should work for simple ocarina videos, and you can just check out the free trial before buying. Smiley

k-bird
Active Newbie

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:51:08 am »

You might give the cheapest version of Sony Vegas a shot, it's less than $50 and good value for money. It's pretty competent at letting you cut stuff together, not sure it can do face white-out by itself but it may do.

ProfFiendish
Active Newbie

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 06:04:35 pm »

I have no experience with the more inexpensive versions of Vegas, but I have Vegas Pro running on a Vista x64 machine and it's really powerful and useful. Most likely the Vegas Studio is good as well.

AzKiteMan

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:56:55 am »

I plan to only show my face now xP

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: