Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 15, 2020, 08:15:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Coloured Polycarbonate Ocarinas?  (Read 12772 times)
jtungyep
Active Newbie

« on: July 22, 2009, 02:27:47 pm »

It occurred to me as I was walking the dogs and playing my black poly G that if I couldn't afford a beautiful warmstone instrument maybe the MO guys could make a few batches of the polys in different colours: no re-tooling or design changes; just a different dye in the plastic vat... What d'ya think, Karl? Cliff?
Cheers,
John

PS Anybody got any groovy colour requests?

Twist

"Ars celare verum"

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 03:54:17 pm »

If Karl and Company ever do decide to do color combinations It would be great to do tri-color ones. Red bottom white liner and blue top(USA, England, France etc..)Or Red Black and Yellow(Germany). You get the idea

Twist

Twist
"Ars celare verum"
angelodeathrpr
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:10:47 am »

Like my awesome bluetone hole one??? lol.

“The angel of death has been abroad throughout the land; you may almost hear the beating of his wings.”

John Bright
Docjazz4

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 04:06:37 am »

Like my awesome bluetone hole one??? lol.

Oooooooo....that does look awesome Shocked

MillerITA
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 09:20:50 am »

It occurred to me as I was walking the dogs and playing my black poly G that if I couldn't afford a beautiful warmstone instrument maybe the MO guys could make a few batches of the polys in different colours: no re-tooling or design changes; just a different dye in the plastic vat... What d'ya think, Karl? Cliff?
Cheers,
John

PS Anybody got any groovy colour requests?

Not a bad idea....
I would go for a gray ocarina with black hole-borders.... Or better, a black one with orange borders !!!  Grin

Kissaki

"I put the 'K' in "Kwality""

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 06:10:15 am »

How about an "Ivory white" with yellow/goldenrod accents? I'd get one of those in a heartbeat! Grin
(Not that I wouldn't wanna get the more expensive ones, of course Lips sealed)

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 03:32:00 pm »

I think this is a great idea, and would have a good effect on MO sales.  I know that the problem is not at Karl's end; it's the company that makes the polycarbonate parts.  That company would rather make large lots of a single color than make smaller lots of different colors, and their "preference" translates into greater cost per unit for smaller lots.  But maybe Karl's no-nonsense negotiation skills (not to mention his Tae Kwon Do skills) could make this happen.  I am now 100% convinced that the ugliness of the polycarbonate MOs is cutting into sales, and equally convinced that giving the prospective buyer a choice of color schemes would stimulate sales--especially among younger buyers.  We had another thread about this, but I think the idea is worth revisiting.

Ubizmo

Docjazz4

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 05:37:50 pm »

I have to agree. Even if the polys were in several solid colors (completely blue, red, yellow, green, etc.), I think people would be more open to giving them a try. And if there were a white one, kids would love the idea of playing on a Wii-Mote Cheesy

Khet
Active Newbie

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 05:47:50 pm »

I was kind of disappointed in the fact that with the Poly's you don't get a choice of colors. While I personally still would have gone for the black/gray set up they have now (well... maybe a black with red tone holes) it would be nice to at least see the option available.

I haven't been here wrong but from my understanding Karl is open to the idea but the fellers who make the Ocarina's for MO are against it, at least without raising prices which would make the colored ones more expensive (maybe even the "vanillla" one more expensive too) which in my opinion wouldn't be too bad, these things are worth more than what you pay for 'em!

ubizmo

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 09:42:35 pm »

And if there were a white one, kids would love the idea of playing on a Wii-Mote Cheesy

Ah, now you've started something.... The color schemes should have names!  In addition to the all-white Wii-Mote, there could be....

Hunter green shell, brown liner: The Robin Hood

Black shell, white liner: The Nun

Bright green shell, purple liner: The Mardi Gras

Black shell, yellow liner: The Bumble Bee

Green shell, black liner: The Green Lantern

Black shell, red liner (already exists, doesn't it?): The Vampire

Orange shell, black liner: The Halloween Special

And if they were close to the regular price, I know people would collect them.

Ubizmo

Spatolo

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 10:42:24 pm »

This idea sound so great... I'm so mad that I was raving about collecting them before reaching half the list.

Kissaki

"I put the 'K' in "Kwality""

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 10:58:47 pm »

The "Mardi Gras" one intrigues me, Ubi  Smiley

ubizmo

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 11:45:44 pm »

Maybe the "Mardi Gras" should be purple shell with green liner; whaddya think?

Ubizmo

Khet
Active Newbie

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 11:51:23 pm »

I'd prefer the purple shell with green liner myself. Mainly because the Robin Hood would have a green shell to begin with. You want each combo as unique as possible!

ubizmo

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 01:11:47 am »

And of course there's the white shell with black liner, rather like my own warmstone, but without the stripe: The Dalmation!

A khaki colored shell with brown liner: The Desert Camo.

Ubizmo

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: