Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 09, 2020, 11:26:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tripping Up the Stairs: Intro to Irish Jigs  (Read 46321 times)
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2011, 08:24:45 pm »

Thank for the software post, Kypfer! I completely agree about the cost of the Tascam! For those who have plenty of opportunities to listen to music while seated at a computer, free (or inexpensive) software to slow down music is absolutely the way to go!

I don’t get much time to analyze music on the computer. My listening time is almost always during household chores, while driving, or during my daily exercise time. I like that I can take the Tascam MP-VT1 (Music & Voice Trainer) with me to “analyze” music. Another thing that helps is that I can adjust the speed of playback while I hike, bike, snowshoe, or jog. Since I like to walk or jog on the beat, I really appreciate that I can adjust the speed of the Tascam, either faster or slower, to match my cadence. This works nicely on the treadmill too. With all that said, for most folks, how can you beat free software?!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:32:30 pm by Karl » Logged
tplumbarber
Active Newbie

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2011, 01:40:36 am »

Oh no! I always miss out on the good stuff. Please tell me this topic was continued somewhere else... Did you do the workshops this summer? I would have been so interested to get in on this  Cry

4efs

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2011, 04:17:46 pm »

Me too, when this comes around even though I'm an absoulute beginner I'd like to participate.

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
maki

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2012, 08:38:53 pm »

Sorry in advance for the necro-post.
As Tripping Up The Stairs was my intro to Irish Jigs and Irish Dance Music I had to come back to it.
Karl, you should warn poeple that Irish Trad Music is more addictive than crack!
Its all  listen to or play anymore.
I don't know whether to thank you of hunt you down (just kidding)!
No seriously, Thank You So Much!

Freedom's the answer, what's the question?
http://www.voluntaryist.com/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: